Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me stumble along in this bloggy blog world! I appreciate your support! My husband who has to put up with my craft supply obsession does too :D All opinions expressed are my own, and I am not sponsored by any product manufacturer unless otherwise stated :)
I came across this tutorial a la Pinterest and thought it looked too easy not to try...so...I tried! And I am pretty happy with how it turned out! Yay! :D
1. So grab ye some jeans! Or some shorts...they can be any color, but the darker, the better! I bet khaki would look cool, but I haven't tried that yet. I had these jeans, and my stubby legs did weird things in them cause they were too long and and and its a long story. I don't like jeans. ANYWAY.
2. OFF WITH YER LEGS. I like to cut mine long so I have lots of room to mess up. Baha.
3. Grab a handful of rubber bands and tie up your shorts like you would a regular tie dye t shirt.
4. Completely forget to take pictures of this ste- oh wait. Thatttt's just me. I'm sorry about that, girls and dudes, but I, once again, forget to photographically evidence this next step.
5. Acquire a plastic tub, and fill it with 1 part water and 1 part bleach. You'll want to put enough in there to completely cover your pants-wad.
6. Let it soak until its the color lightiness you want, and fish that sucker out! I left mine for about 30 minutes because I wanted SUPREME WHITENESS.
7. Now you can just leave them cut-offs, but I don't like cut-offs on me, so I hemmed mine. OPTIONAL. Totally optional :)
8. Go take awkward self-portraits of your pants in the driveway with your tripod!
Yeahhhh. LikeIsaid. AWKS. TOTZ AWKS.