Tuesday, November 1, 2016

MegaCon Tampa Bay 2016 :: River Song Cosplay

So this past weekend I had the extreme pleasure to attend my first Con; MegaCon Tampa Bay! And what a FANTASTIC experience it was! I am not sure what I expected out of the convention scene, considering I had never been to one before, but I was completely blown away. The atmosphere was amazing...everyone I ran into and spoke to was so friendly and I honestly felt like I had known these people my whole life. I met so many AWESOME people; cosplayers, vendors, and regular convention goers.... AND DID I MENTION DAVID TENNANT AND BILLIE PIPER??


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! The fact that I didn't pee my pants and/or pass out is a straight up miracle. I walked in and David said, 'Well look at you, you're a perfect River!'

*cue fangirl screaming*


AND ROSEEE!! Billie Piper was another person I never thought I would ever get to meet but I did!!
*cue more fangirl screaming*

After the photo ops, Billie Piper had a panel by herself, and at the end of the day Billie and David did a panel together which was so fantastic seeing them on the same stage together.

At Billie's panel...





...and the David/Billie Panel...AREN'T THEY PERFECT!?





Apart from the panels, I had a fantastic time wandering around the vendor and artist area, which was mind blowing! There were an INSANE number of booths chock full of ridiculously talented merchants and artists. I wanted to buy ALL THE THINGS! I had so much fun meeting and posing with other cosplayers and discussing the nitty gritty details of costuming and the like. So many people stopped and asked to take pictures with me (which, I was honestly surprised and quite flattered over, because there were some incredible cosplayers there) and the number one question I got asked was whether my hair was real or not, which almost made me cry because I spent FOREVER trying to get my wig just right (you can find the tutorial post on styling my River wig here!)

This was the first picture I took of the day (hence the not super great pose, lol), and this chick was AWESOME as Ten!



Ran into myself (haaaaaaa) and loved this girl...I wish I had gotten her name! I freaked out over her phone because I thought it was just a prop but then realized she had made a phone case to look like River's communicator and I was fangirling so hard over it! Genius!



Also met Harrison of Lonely God Cosplay! Fantastic Ten!



Will Friedle and Mitch Pileggi were there signing autographs, too!!


There was this flippin' awesome TARDIS transformer...



An AWESOME Cassandra by Old Fat Cosplay!



And the other amazing Cassandra!



Did I mention that there were ALL THE PEOPLE there?? It was packed! This was just the line to get into the line for one of the panels.



CON SWAG! And Chili's, cause I was HONGRY.








I'm going to be posting how I made the different components of this cosplay in the nest week or so, so keep an eye out!

-River Song Wig Tutorial-
-All Saints Anina Belt Re-Creation-
-River's Gun Belt & Holster-



***ALSO! I've had a few people tag me on Instagram in a few Con pictures (like this one from gbalda)...I would LOVE to see your pictures! Link me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...