Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase those items through my links I earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me stumble along in this bloggy blog world! I appreciate your support! My husband who has to put up with my craft supply obsession does too :D All opinions expressed are my own, and I am not sponsored by any product manufacturer unless otherwise stated :)
Hello lovely people! So I stole this idea off of Pinterest; thus making this the first ever project that I have seen and actually followed through with! In my typical forgetful fashion, I didn't pin the original, but again I say, this isn't my original idea, just my version of it :)
I ran across an old shadow box I've had for ages, but never used because it was missing the back.
I am a hoarder by nature, and anytime I go to a movie or event that half-way means something to me, I save the stub. I figured it would be a better testament to them if I fished them out of my bottom dresser drawer and displayed them!
A brief overview:
1. I cut several pieces of black cardstock to fit the back, leaving a roughly 1 1/2 inch opening at the top to slip the tickets in.
2. I cut the sleeves off of my brother's karate uniform (with permission!) and pleated them into some movie-theater style stage curtains. The top ruffle I attached to a dowel and glued it across the top, and the two side curtains I simply tacked down to the cardstock.
3. I found some ticket clipart online and attached them to the cardstock.
4. I brushed some gold paint on the box edges.
5. Put the new back on, and put my tickets in!
I forget how difficult it is photographing glass and not getting a reflection of my hand, face, leg, or otherwise in the picture!
It was super simple and didn't take long at all!